United National Security Council
United National Security Council: In this post, we sharing about UNSC. Its job is to encourage friendly relations among countries by promoting peace and security around the world.
What Is UNSC?
- United National Security Council (UNSC) is one of the six major organs of the United Nations.
- Its job is to encourage friendly relations among countries by promoting peace and security around the world.
- In fact, in the first 5 decades of the 20th century, the world had seen the horrific tragedy of 2 world wars.
- There was a demand for an institution that would work towards increasing peace and security among the countries.
- After this, the United Nations Security Council have established.
Modi first PM of India to chair UNSC
- India has got the presidency of UNSC for August 2021 (one month).
- India has got the presidency of UNSC in the past, but not by any Prime Minister, but by the Diplomat.
- Yes, once in the year 1992, the then Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao attended the meeting of the Security Council.
- Presently India’s representative at the United Nations is TS Tirumurti.
Members of the security council
Five permanent members – US, Russia, France, UK, and China. They have veto power.
– 10 non-permanent members – These non-permanent members are elected on a regional basis for two years.
How did India become the President of the United Security Council?
- According to the chronological order of English words, a new member country gets the presidency every month.
- India will become the President of the United National Security Council twice in its two-year term. For the second time, he will get the chairmanship in December 2022.
Tags: UNSC India, UNSC members, what is security council, UNSC chairman, UNSC UPSC, UPSC non-permanent members, un security council members 2020