“The Nobel Prize: Its History and Significance”
This is a series of yearly worldwide honors granted by Swedish and Norwegian institutions in different categories in honor of academic, artistic, or scientific breakthroughs. The Nobel rewards were created in 1895 by the will of Swedish inventor and industrialist Alfred Nobel, and the first rewards were given out in 1901. The Nobel Prizes are usually recognized as the most prestigious honors in their respective professions, and they have been bestowed to a broad range of individuals and organizations throughout their history. Notesplanet
Here are some key points about the Nobel Prize’s history:
- This is a series of yearly worldwide honors given by Swedish and Norwegian organizations in honor of academic, cultural, or scientific breakthroughs.
- Alfred Nobel, a Swedish inventor and entrepreneur, created the prize in 1895, leaving the majority of his wealth to establish the prizes.
- Physics, Chemistry, Medicine or Physiology, Literature, Peace, and Economic Sciences are the six areas in which the Nobel Prize is granted.
- Nobel Prizes were first awarded in 1901, five years following Nobel’s death.
- Since its inception, the Nobel Prize has been given to a wide range of people, including scientists, writers, activists, and political leaders.
- Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., and Malala Yousafzai are among the notable Nobel laureates. gkduniya
- This selection process is rigorous, beginning with nominations from competent persons and institutions and ending with a comprehensive assessment and ultimate judgement by the separate Nobel committees.
- This is usually recognized as one of the world’s most prestigious honors, and obtaining it frequently has a considerable influence on the laureate’s career and public prominence.
- There have been several issues surrounding the Nobel Prize throughout the years, including critiques of the selection procedure and the committees’ purported political biases.
- Despite these criticisms, the Nobel Prize remains a highly regarded and sought-after award for achievement in a variety of fields.
2022 winners nobel prize in defferent fields
|Physics||Alain Aspect, John F Clauser, Anton Zeilinger||for their work on entangled photon experiments, proving the violation of Bell inequalities, and developing the field of quantum information science.|
|Chemistry||Carolyn Bertozzi, Morten Meldal, Barry Sharpless||For the establishment of the foundations of click chemistry & biorthogonal chemistry and also took chemistry into the functionalism era.|
|Physiology/Medicine||Svante Peabo||For his research on the extinct hominid genomes and the evolution of humans.|
|Literature||Annie Renaux||For the bravery and clinical acuity with which she reveals the origins, estrangements, and collective restrictions of personal memory.|
|Economics||Ben S. Bernanke, Douglas W. Diamond, Philip H. Dybvig||For research on financial crises and banks.|
|Peace||Ales Bielanski, Memorial Human Rights Organization (Russia), Center for Civil Liberties Human Rights Organization (Ukrainian)||For encouraging the right to criticize power and protect the citizen’s fundamental rights.|
The Nobel Prizes from 1901 to 2022
|Nobel Prize||Prizes awarded||Total number of laureates||Awarded to a single Laureate||Two Laureates share this honor||Three Laureates share this honour|
Nobel Prize Ceremony Locations
The Nobel Prize is awarded to laureates in formal award ceremonies held yearly in Stockholm, Sweden (with the exception of the Nobel Peace Prize, which is awarded in Oslo, Norway). The event takes place on December 10th, Alfred Nobel’s death anniversary, and is followed by a luncheon at Stockholm City Hall.