History of Israel
In this post we sharing about History of Israel. Israel was in the news recently because of the sparks between it and Palestinians. This decade old war has again brought history, the sooner war memories and sadness to the front. Today as the world stands in solidarity with all the taxpayers who lost their lives let us understand the history of this land of Israel from the article below. Take a look at the tweets under to get a view of this situation:
How did Israel get its title:
Israel derives its title from the title given to Jacob. 12 of the sons would be the kernels of 12 tribes who afterwards developed into the Jewish state.
The name Jew derives from Yehuda (Judah), among the 12 sons of Jacob (Reuben, Shimon, Levi, Yehuda, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Yisachar, Zevulun, Yosef, Binyamin). So, the titles Israel, Israeli or Jewish refer to individuals of the same origin.
Israel : History
- Abraham established the belief that there’s only one God. He called him the inventor of the universe.
- Abraham, his son Yitshak or called Isaac, and grandson Jacob who’s also called Israel, are also called the patriarchs of the Israelites.
- These three patriarchs lived in the Land of Canaan that afterwards was called the Land of Israel.
- All the family is buried at the Ma’arat HaMachpela, the Tomb of the Patriarchs, in Hebron.
- The descendants of Abraham crystallized into a nation at roughly 1300 BCE after their Exodus from Egypt under the leadership of Moses.
- Following the Exodus, Moses sent the Torah and the Ten Commandments to the public.
Generation of Israel
- Modern Israel can find its origins in Zionism. This motion was established from the late 19th century by Herzl.
He became the chief of Zionism.
- Ottoman-controlled Palestine, the original home of the Jews, was selected as the most desired location for a Jewish nation. Herzl petitioned the Ottoman government for a charter but has been ineffective.
- Russian Revolution failed in 1905. They joined several thousand Jews who had arrived earlier.
- After Ottoman Empire collapsed during World War I, Britain took over Palestine.
- Balfour Declaration was included from the British mandate over Palestine, which was approved by the League of Nations in 1922.
- At the end of World War II, in 1945, the USA took up the Zionist cause. Related| Jerusalem: Why’s this historical city so significant for Christians, Muslims and Jews?
- Britain, unable to find a sensible solution, known the issue to the United Nations, which in November 1947 voted to partition Palestine.
- The British armed forces had retreated the exact same day but nevertheless the situation wasn’t calm since the Arabs and the Jews broke out.
- The exact same day that an air attack was launched against Israel from Egypt.
- The nation was recognised by President Truman therefore, despite a blackout in Tel Aviv and the anticipated Arab invasion, the Jews celebrated.
Tags: history of israelites, history of israel country, the history of israel timeline, history of israel summary